Friday, March 14, 2008

Making the Team: 2008

All right, folks, get ready for this ... a mash-up of 14 different Evotri videos!!!

For those who don't know, Evotri videos were created for a triathlon sponsorship contest that involved winning a cool bike, top notch accessories, personal coaching, wetsuits, and more. Some of the videos made it to public voting while others did not and were destined to be forgotten. A couple are actually blooper reels that were made just for fun. The mash-up is a mix of all of them showing some of the wonderful people involved in triathlons and why we do it (2:55).



Now if you've never created a video for a contest, take my word for it, there's a LOT of work involved. Then posting it on YouTube for the world to see and having someone download it and spin it their own way, well, that just adds on a whole new pucker factor. So I want to thank everyone who allowed me to use their video(s) by displaying the credits again, this time with links to people's blogs and original YouTube videos added (I wish I could have done this in the video!)






TRIATHLETES
In Order of Appearance

TRIBOOMER   Blog   Video
PSYCHOSYD   Blog   Video
MEREDITH   Blog   Video
SARAH   Blog    Video
MICHELLE   Blog   Video
COMMODORE   Blog   Video
SHIRLEYPERLY   Blog   Video   Blooper reel
CARRIE   Blog   Video
TERRY   Blog   Video
JOSHUA   Blog   Video
LAURA   Blog   Video
STEVE   Blog   Video Blooper reel








And since there's a second Evotri contest to win the same fantastic sponsorship package mentioned above, this blog post is doubling as my application for that. Say what???

Yes, rather than writing a 500-word (or less) post just about me, I've decided to showcase my personality and commitment to the endurance sports community by doing what I think I do best: using computer technology to support and encourage others. Although I enjoy doing so in many conventional ways face to face as shown in my first Evotri video (see side bar under my profile), I can't be everywhere I want to be in person. Through email, this blog, comments on others' blogs, online forums and now videos, I stay in contact with friends wherever I go and reach who knows how many others (we know there are always lurkers and folks watching YouTube videos!). In fact, the mash-up video was conceived of and created entirely while I've been on a small island in the Pacific. I searched YouTube for Evotri videos, emailed the people who'd posted them, most of whom I'd NEVER contacted before, and now 12 of us are all starring in a video together promoting our sport. Isn't that amazingly cool?!

And I receive so much from others, too, which keeps me wanting to give back.

In this second contest, the three people with the most votes will be interviewed to discuss their ideas for an original project that will bring together the endurance sports community. I'd love the opportunity to use my passion for running and triathlons along with my knack for computers to send the world a message:

Endurance Sports are for Everyone!


Thanks for reading! If you think I should be the next
fully-sponsored member of Team Evotri,
please write down the URL of this web site and have it ready for
voting when you click the EVOTE button below. Thank you!

Voting begins Saturday, 3/15/08, and goes through Friday, 3/21/08, 11:59PM Pacific Time. In case there is any doubt, my URL is http://HumbleTriathlete.blogspot.com

Please tell others!


NOTE: If the Evote button link is bringing up a mail program you don't want to use, use your regular mail program to send an email to vote@evotri.com with http://HumbleTriathlete.blogspot.com in the subject line. Only one vote per person, please.

24 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Thanks for making that video and for the links! AND I just voted for you!!!!!

Maddy said...

Awesome job Shirley! I have voted for you!

CewTwo said...

Woohoo!! Go Shirley!

I voted! and voted! and voted again!

Maybe I have too many e-mail addresses...

Woohoo!!

runninggeezer262 said...

Very creative! One more vote, this Florida vote is going to count. Good Luck.

PLANET3RRY said...

You got some votes from Me!

Runner's Anonymous said...

Cha-ching! That's the sound of another vote! Good Luck Shirley!

Susan said...

DONE!!!! And I shall vote from my work e-mail address, too.

akshaye said...

Shirley.. I really really like that! Very cool idea...! Now its my turn to spread the word.

Calyx Meredith said...

I'm new to all of this and not even sure if I'm qualified to vote - but I loved your ideas, am catching up on your older posts, and am completely inspired by your story & will power. (I'm a non-athlete doing my first oly. tri to celebrate my 40th birthday - so you are my hero!) I voted and hope you win. Peace.

Ellie Hamilton said...

You got my vote, too!

RBR said...

Rock on! Good luck to you. You would be a great ambassador for the sport. As are the people you chose in your video.

You got my vote!

Smithposts said...

Another great video! I voted for you!

Anonymous said...

Shirley, you amaze me. 21 marathons, triathlons, what can't you do? I'm sending a note everyone in our group to vote for you. We've got to get you on that team! JS

Terry said...

You have my vote Shirley!

You are a fantastic asset to our tri community!

lizzie lee said...

I "evoted".

skoshi said...

Thanks for visiting.
I think I was just getting a little overwhelmed.
Of course, I voted for you!

Anonymous said...

GO SHIRLEY!!! I just voted for you. - Karen

Tri to Be Funny said...

I feel like a superstar thanks to you!! Thanks for your hard work and contributions to our sport! We're going to have to change your blog name to badasstriathlete.blogspot.com!

Best of luck with this contest!!

Anonymous said...

Shirley, I have been ordered to vote for you...And would do so with pleasure. However, I think that there may be something wrong with your link...

ShirleyPerly said...

Dear Anonymous, assuming you mean the Evote link, I don't get any errors on my end so here's an alternate way to vote:

Send an email to vote@evotri.com with my blog URL in the subject line: http://HumbleTriathlete.blogspot.com

If you have further problems, please email me at prattsh@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Got it...Thanks. Apparently the link wants Outlook and hotmail no longer supports that program...That is the problem.

Sunshine said...

Congratulations; you get my vote, too.

Jade Lady said...

What an awesome video! Of course, you have my vote!

peter said...

I voted. Cool video.