Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged Twice

Man, both PlanetT3rry and Jade Lady have tagged me! I need to work on getting harder to catch ;-)

OK, here are 7 more random/weird things about myself. I'm not tagging anyone else this time since nearly everyone seems to have been tagged recently already. If you wanna play, consider yourself tagged.

1. I remember countless useful numbers largely by muscle memory, e.g., how my fingers move on a keyboard, the same way I remembered music when playing piano.

2. On average, I watch probably no more than an hour of TV shows a week. For many years, I never even plugged my TV in.

3. It took me nearly 2 years to get used to the idea of having a cell phone. If I remembered to bring it, I often forgot I had one and wondered whose phone was ringing. Doh!

4. Despite being a math major in college and a Type-A person, I find it a chore to keep track of my workouts and have little desire to analyze day-to-day performance data.

5. The heaviest I've ever weighed is 130# C&S (clothes & shoes on) at a doctor's office. At my 1/2 iron events, I've weighed in at 120-125# C&S. I can fluctuate +/- 5# pretty easily and don't usually weigh myself at home unless I feel unwell.

6. I've never eaten a Krispy Kreme doughnut.

7. The only diapers I've ever changed are those of my dad when he was dying of cancer. He passed away at age 64 and perhaps the most valuable lesson he ever taught me was that life is short.

Happy Leap Day Everyone!!

PS - Today is the last day to vote for one of the 4 final contestants in the Evotri contest. If you haven't yet done so, please vote by 11:59pm PST.

11 comments:

Jade Lady said...

I thought for sure I'd hear about Pia again;-) Thx for sharing.

Jade Lady said...

What? Nothing about Pia ;-) ? thx for sharing info! I can see that our cell phone habits are similar but not our TV habits.

ShirleyPerly said...

Oh, how could I forgot about Pia?! Guess she'll have to wait until next time I get tagged.

Katie said...

Give me five years and we'll fix number seven.

Susan said...

I think #5 and #6 are directly related... :)

Sunshine said...

My Dad died of cancer (acute leukemia) in his mid-fifties. Yes, life is short.
I wish I could say what you do about weight.. and I haven't even eaten a Krispy Kreme.
Congratulations!

ShirleyPerly said...

Well, much of that is probably genes since both my parents are/were only 5'2" and no more than 130# at their heaviest (excl. pregnancy weight). Believe it or not, I am actually 5-10# heavier now than before I became an athlete. Before, I was a workaholic who ran herself ragged. More on that in another post.

PLANET3RRY said...

it's probably a good thing that you've never eaten a krispy kreme... they are so damn good. However, for me, they are blacklisted on the Gluten List.

We watch about the same amount of TV. I wonder how much more I could have gotten done before we turned it off. I mainly watch sports now, if it is on.

Petraruns said...

I'm afraid I have eaten a krispy kreme but thankfully they are so hard to get round here that the temptation very rarely arises... And as for the weight thing - I can't say I share that with you either. I'm with you on TV though - 1 hour max per week (but don't limit my computer time..).

Rural Girl said...

You don't analyze your data!? How do you survive?

ShirleyPerly said...

RG: It's weird. I like doing the workouts but not pouring over what I did. Maybe I'm holding out for a coach to do it for me ;-)