Thursday, February 21, 2008

Round Two Results

Firstly, thank you very much to all of you who voted for me and sent me encouraging comments. Unfortunately, I did not make it to round two of the Evotri contest. There are, however, two other team slots and two new contests that I will mostly likely shoot for, depending on what's involved and how much extra time I have available. Truly, just putting oneself out there and giving it your best shot, no matter the odds, is what it's all about. And now I've even got a cool video that I can post alongside my Profile which describes me much better than words can ever do!

In the meantime, I've already got some exciting ideas bubbling in my head for my next short fun videos. Who knows, maybe some other group will OFFER a sponsorship to me? Yeah, right, keep dreaming ...

Anyway, congrats to the 7 Evotri contestants who made it to round two. If you voted for me, please vote for one of them to keep the community input coming. Details on how to do so can be found here.

PS: The second Evotri contest (total of 3) is supposed to be announced when they announce the winner of the first contest on 3/1/08, I believe. Hope some of you will consider applying too!

PSS: Check out Ellie's incredible Austin Marathon story. If you've ever been afraid to do something, ever considered quitting, you've got to read it!

16 comments:

Wil said...

Shirley, thank you for participating in the Evo contest, I really look forward to seeing your name for the next one if you can work it in with your schedule. You're a great sport and an asset to the endurance community!

Wendy said...

You are so right about giving things your best shot and seeing where it leads you.

I'll be looking forward to your next video!

Steve Stenzel said...

Boooo - that's too bad! Maybe we should start our own team. I don't know what we'd do or who would sponsor us, but it SOUNDS like a good idea!....

ShirleyPerly said...

I really think I should go for a Neosporin sponsorship. Nearly everyone who's seen me has asked about my road rash :-)

akshaye said...

Shirley.. thats too bad. I did vote for you in Round 1. Good luck with other sponsorships!

Tri to Be Funny said...

Shirley--your video was amazingly inspiring! Definitely keep the video blogs coming in one way or another. I certainly hope to meet you in person as I hope a little of your energy can rub off on me (just not the road rash, please!) :-)

Susan said...

Good luck with all else, Shirley!

Cliff said...

Boo...

Is ok. That is still a great youtube video =D.

Go Mom Go said...

Shirley,
I am sorry that you did not make it further in the contest.

Hopefully you keep up with the videos!

I do want you to know that I never was insinuating that you were a quitter, you are quite the opposite.

I wish you all the best.

Fe-lady said...

Good for you for trying! I thought your video was great! Best of luck in the next contest!

runninggeezer262 said...

Shirley,

To quote T. S. Eliot, "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

Keep on going!

Smithposts said...

Sounds like you have some great ideas perculating! Will be watching for your new videos and possible contest entries.

Runner's Anonymous said...

Well I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it this go round but don't let that discourage you. Yes, keep dreaming!

"What is not started today is never finished tomorrow."
Johann Wolfgang vonGoethe

Rural Girl said...

I loved your video Shirley. It portrayed you very well. Please consider the next contests!

peter said...

Nice. (Whatever happened to Bacitracin?)

Ellie Hamilton said...

Well, I sure as heck voted for you!! I keep thinking I'd never have had the nerve to try it, and I really admire you and thought it was a wonderful video about a wonderful story about a wonderful person.

And thank you for the mention! That was a surprise! I'm glad you liked my race report so mucn! I kept thinking about you... can't possibly tell Shirley I DNF'd, gotta keep goinhg :-)