Thursday, February 28, 2008

Progress

Back in Kona now where I've managed to do my first workouts since the bike crash. 15 min upright exercise bike (no weight on upper body = no pain), 15 min elliptical and 20(!) minutes on the treadmill. I kept the intensity level low but did indeed break a sweat -- YAAAAAAY!!!

Then I put on my bathing suit to go for a short swim -- ICK! The big ugly bruise on the side that got slammed onto the asphalt was glaring at me (my right side, the photo is a mirror reflection). And with parts of it still swollen and puffy, it not only still hurts like hell, it makes my thigh look HUGE :-(

I managed about 20 min swimming with a pull buoy before I had to stop due to rib pain. Breast stroking actually hurt worse.

But, I've done more today than I did all last week. Time to enjoy the sunset :-)

Aloha! (Second photo added)

8 comments:

Sunshine said...

Ouch! That is one painful looking injury. Best wishes for good healing of all the ouches.

Steve Stenzel said...

Hachy Machy!!!! That's a bruise!!

Susan said...

Aloha!

It must be great to be able to return to what you love! At least in some capacity! :)

Sunshine said...

Thank you very much for taking time to share your comment on my blog. I appreciate it. Personal comments like yours help to make the discussion real.

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, Hawaii is a special place for me. I feel safe here and it gives me a chance to regroup, both mentally & physically, from my usual routine. Dave is on travel elsewhere for 2 weeks anyway.

Jade Lady said...

oh, wow, didn't realize your leg was so bruised too! Glad u were able to do some workout...

ShirleyPerly said...

Yup, longer shorts and sweat pants are great ways to hide it!

nylisa said...

Wow that looks painful! Hope you're feeling better today!