Thursday, February 05, 2009

Booty Haul

Hey, who knew Christmas would come first week in February?

Two new tires for Buffy, my travel bike. She loves new shoes!


Zoom Yah Yah Indoor Marathon race medal and long sleeve t-shirt with race results printed on the back. Unknowingly, I beat the other woman in my division by only 16 secs!


Souvenirs Dave brought home from Singapore: Silk scarf and gold orchid necklace/earrings. They're actually gifts for Dave's boss and admin (I wouldn't know what to do with them).


What he brought home for me: Free slippers from the Intercontinental Hotel and United Business class slippers and snacks. These I can put to good use. In fact, I'm wearing the white slippers right now and there were originally 3 of those airline snacks :-)


Another cold spell from Mother Nature. Coach Bill cancelled the 6am group swim today because it'd be below freezing outside so I got to sleep in and then hauled my booty down to my local Y pool around 11am when it'd warmed up a little. The pool is heated now but still deserted.


WIN Sports Detergent and a stinky workout shirt of Dave's. He brought it back from Singapore all rolled up and still sweaty (Yuck!). It will continue to ferment and ripen along with our other workout clothes until laundry day, usually Sunday. Stay tuned for my WIN Detergent product review next week!

18 comments:

aron said...

soooo fun :) i love presents!!!

Shannon said...

Nice Haul lady....

Have a great weekend!

Calyx Meredith said...

I love that you are more excited about slippers and snacks than beautiful earrings. Glad Dave is home safe and sound and good job on that pool work out. Heated water or no, that would be hard for me.

Runner Leana said...

Wow, it really is Christmas in February! I love how that Yah Yah marathon sends you a race shirt with all the finishers and their times on the back. That's awesome!

Can't wait to see what you think of the WIN!

Formulaic said...

That is awesome! Nice Christmas!!

Gotta Run said...

I will take the slippers!! They look comfy. :)

You will love the WIN product. I have.

Way to get in the pool :)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Gifties galore!

Tammy said...

Presents are always great to have especially after Christmas. Those slippers make me giggle, my hubby got a pair a long time ago on a first class flight coming back for Venesuela and he wore them forever. (just like the ones in the picture)

Glad to hear that Dave had a safe trip back. (My goodness if I had water temps like that and outside temps like that, I'd jump in the pool and stay in there. They seem to be warmer than the outside temps.) Try to stay warm on your cold snap in Florida.

Susan said...

Slippers: NICE!

Cliff said...

I use the same pull buoy :o)

An empty pool is a gift all to itself :P

LKA said...

Just watched your Evo Tri contest video and was completely impressed. Good for you!

Smithposts said...

Hi Shirley, love the presents but I would have a hard time letting go of the silk scarf...a great wrap for a cool evening!

Look forward to your sports detergent review. Have a great day!!

Vickie said...

Fun! Lots of presents!

X-Country2 said...

They printed the race results on the back of the shirt? What a cool thing to do!

Rainmaker said...

I know those grey slippers... I've got a stash of them in my dresser drawer.

And you're outdoor pools are open when it's that cold? Lucky you!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

apparently Santa is still hangin' around you!

akshaye said...

Haha.. he sure gave you a good test subject for your review of that detergent.

fanatix said...

2 funny on the shirt - hope that detergent works on that! And, hey - that asian scarf thing..you can tie one end on your wrist and the other end to my wrist and help me get sloughing along...