10. I rested much more than I probably would have otherwise between my two week-apart marathons.
9. Decongestants make going to sleep the day before a race no problem.
8. Waking up at 3:30am race morning is easy when -- cough, cough -- the meds have worn off.
7. Thanks to a mild fever, 42-degrees F at the race start did not feel that cold to me.
6. I couldn't talk to Chatty Cathy during my race because I'd lost my voice.
5. The second half of my marathon went by quick because I wasn't feeling well and wanted it to be over sooner.
4. A slower marathon race time doesn't bother me at all.
3. Maine lobster tastes better after a tough race. OK, it's the first time I've ever had it but I'm sure it couldn't have tasted better!
2. I get more room on crowded flights when I blow my nose and cough often.
1. If I must have some downtime after a race, might as well be sick too so I can kill two birds with one stone :-)
Stay tuned for the race report next!