Thursday, July 10, 2008

6-Point Meme

Well, it's been a while since I've been tagged but TinaGirl finally caught me. And it's about time I wrote a new post so here we go, 6 more random facts about me:

1. Without contacts or glasses, I'm blind (seriously, my vision is something like 20/600+ in both eyes). One of the many reasons why I didn't swim much when I was younger is because I didn't know about swim goggles.

2. My husband says he's never seen someone so little snore so loud. Maybe that's why all his jobs seem to involve so much travel?

3. The hardest thing about teaching for me was remembering student's names. In fact, I can forget a person's name almost immediately after meeting them. (OTOH, if their names were numbers, things would be different).

4. I look forward to crossing the finish line of a race someday with my grandkids. I want a race shirt that says "Grand Mama Jama" written on it.

5. Recently I've been thinking it wouldn't be all that bad to have a boring part-time job that allowed me to read/write blogs and surf the Internet to look busy.

6. Nowadays I rarely drive more than 5mph above the posted speed limit. But today, in Idaho, apparently I'd missed seeing a sign that dropped the speed limit from 50 to 40mph. Damn.

And like many others, I'm not tagging specific people but if you wanna play or have got nothing else to write about, consider yourself tagged!

15 comments:

Kevin said...

I am so bad with names too. I try to be sly at work: look for the name badge, listen for someone else to call a person by name.

You really should get that shirt made.

Have a great race on Sunday

Calyx Meredith said...

I love the shirt idea! That would be a lot of fun - for you to race with your grand kids! Good luck this weekend!

DaveP said...

To my defense, before I met Shirley I had never been around a 35+ year old person sleeping. That being said, when my daughter was little, she could have given Shirley a run for her money in the snoring department.

The Husband.

Susan said...

Get that job! Sounds like fun!

Katie said...

I was going to say- I thought my four year old self was a terrible snorer. And I am pretty sure that I was still smaller than Shirley at that point. But barely.

I'd love for you to take my kids running. Unfortunately, you're still going to have to wait for a while. I'll try to let you have one to toss in a jogging stroller within the next few years.

The daughter (married but childless).

Katie said...

Oh- remind me to order that shirt for you when I get pregnant...

Tri to Be Funny said...

You are the one that snores?! Why does that surprise me??

Smithposts said...

Hey Shirley, have a great race on Sunday! You are going to be a fun grandma someday!

akshaye said...

Haha.. love the t-shirt idea. Have a great one tomorrow.

Stef said...

I am blind too! I think worse than 20/600 even. And I could not wear contacts until I was 27.

Good luck this weekend!!

Sunshine said...

Fun to read more interesting things about you.
I've never been very good a names, either. Serving in interim pastoral positions, I never stayed long enough that people expected me to remember all their names.
Good luck in the race.

IrishBlue said...

We have the blindness thing in common. I think I'm like 20/800. Ditto on the bad with names think. Thankfully, my husband is great with names and has saved me on a number of occasions.

Ellie Hamilton said...

That's why I didn't swim as a kid, too: I couldn't see. My vision is about the same as yours. My contacts are -7.00.

Oddly, I was surprised to find that with goggles over contacts I could see clearly under water. I had always thought it was the water making things blurry, not the fact that I didn't have my glasses on!!

PLANET3RRY said...

on #3... I will answer to P3, so if Terry is too difficult then P3 will do.

WHOOP WHOOP DING DING... ShirleyPerly: Since I can't or don't address people without expanding their name, I just thought of a new name for you.

ShirleyPerly the Kick Ass Tri-Girly

henceforth, I shall reference thee as the aforementioned name.

(damn, am I as weird as I sound? I hope so.)

Petraruns said...

Hey Shirley Perly the kick-ass Tri Girly - I remembered that after just one reading of it I think Terry's got a great idea going there. Love the memes - every time we find out more about you...