Thursday, December 06, 2007

Run Fun


OK, obviously, I'm having some after-effects from running the Las Vegas Marathon. Namely, the desire to have more fun by wearing fun things while racing.

But perhaps also to go faster too. I mean, Sweet Baboo destroyed his previous marathon PR by 50 minutes(!!!) running a 3:56 at Vegas while dressed as Elvis. INCREDIBLE.

And being only about 5'3", Dave has always told me to wear bright colors during a race so he could spot me easier. But now it seems that many are doing the same so seeing a person wearing yellow, red or orange is not as unusual as it used to be.

This calls for drastic measures, Running Funky measures, which, BTW, also does custom orders. More fun!!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm for the distinctive and bright colours while racing -- much easier for spectators! (I love the neon argyle top!)

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, and I also think bright colors and patterns are more flattering for those of us who are flat-chested, so a doubly good thing :-)

Petraruns said...

You've been having some fun girlfriend - those outfits are fabulous! I can't say I feel slim or tight enough for those yet though - I'm sticking to black for a while longer...

BreeWee said...

Ahh ha ha ha ha, year wear those things and make sure to sport leg warmers, side pony tail, and carry an old fashioned tape cassette with 80's music instead of an mp3 player!

TJ said...

looks like an aerobics class from the 80s... :)

ShirleyPerly said...

My other motive is to distinguish myself from a local TV celebrity who sort of looks like me and is also a runner and triathlete. This year we happened to wear similar colors in two races -- a bit irritating ...

Susan said...

I may have found my newest source of running gear! I am about 5'-7" and Chasen always says that we all blend in together! He says it helps to memorize the people running near me so he knows when I am coming. Funny boy.

CewTwo said...

Hi Shirley! How is this for a blast from past? I am thinking of running the Las Vegas Marathon this year...

Charlie