Saturday, November 24, 2007

10 Reasons to Love Family Thanksgivings

10. While cleaning I found some things that I had lost.
9. It's not just me who got up early for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner workout.



8. We all came home hungry. (The kids ran a 5K, I ran a 10-miler, Dave rode 50 miles home from the race.)



7. Everyone knows I don't cook often so I got lots of help in the kitchen.
6. We found out our stove still works.



5. It was a good chance to see who's still alive and healthy.
4. I got a new family photo for my blog. (Couples L to R: Dave's mom & dad, Dave's sister & husband, me & Dave, daughter & husband)



3. We saved on shipping by giving Xmas gifts early.
2. It was a great excuse to go see the Blue Man Group.



1. I got a cool t-shirt from my mother-in-law!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We made everything on the menu except the salad. We added corn at the last minute. The only this we have left is some mashed sweet potatoes. Yes, we can eat!
Dave

Rural Girl said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday!

Petraruns said...

I don't think you survived - you conquered my friend! And you know how to work up and appetite! Well done and how wonderful!

Susan said...

I really love that t-shirt!!!

And look at you in your shorts - what a Florida Thanksgiving!

Cory said...

Great list for the holiday!

Wendy said...

Great list & photos.

(I confess I'm just a tinge jealous of the Blue Man Group outing. I hope you had a blast!)

BreeWee said...

What a fun family day! I am excited for the next time I clean my house "really" good.... maybe I will find lost treasures too!

skoshi said...

That is a GREAT family photo.
Looks like you had a nice Thanksgiving and lots to be thankful for.
(sigh) Our first snow of the year fell Thanksgiving night. Beautiful, really, to see the snow blanketing the landscape, but now I'm completely in hibernation mode...

Maddy said...

What fun!

Family, Thanksgiving, The Blue Man Group and a great t-shirt!

Awesome!

Cliff Tam said...

That shirt is so funny :)

Brent Buckner said...

Great family pic. Loved the T-shirt.

Any excuse is a good one to see BMG!

TJ said...

sounds like an awesome thanksgiving.
great pics.

MarathonChris said...

Sounds like your idea for Thanksgiving at your house was a great one afterall!! :-)

Iron Eric said...

So much fun!! Family, Food, Gifts, Entertainment, Exercise, and a t-shirt to prove it.

lizzie lee said...

Shirley, one of the questions I did to myself meanwhile having my Thanksgiving ALL ALONE, was: How is Shirley Thanksgiving going? I am glad you survived it.

Thanks for all the wonderful advices you've given me. Certainly many of you have helped me more that what you can think. And you are right, I felt that morning very prepared, and meanwhile running I messaged myself every 2 miles: Run smart!!! I did.. And in addition I had NO PAIN. Everything went perfect. Amazing...

sincere-lee
lizzie lee