Saturday, May 09, 2009

Fargo ROCKS!!

Ideal marathon weather, flat double loop course, awesome volunteers and spectators ... How could I not run well at the Fargo Marathon?

3:38:05 (8:20 avg pace)
4/60 F45-49

Splits:
First 10K - 52:51 (8:29 avg pace)
13.1 - 1:50:51 (8:28 cumulative avg pace)
20 mi - 2:47:56 (8:24 cumulative avg pace)
Last 10K 50:10 (8:04 avg pace)


And as with most negative split marathons I run, pretty minimal post-race soreness. Good news for the RnR Half Iron Tri in 3 weeks!

Thanks Coach Bill for the awesome marathon training plan. Never would I have guessed that I'd be seeing a 3:30-something race time with all that cycling you had me doing and no 20-milers in training (16 was the longest) but what the heck do I know???


Just one of MANY pictures I took during this race. More to come!



For now I will enjoy my post-race treat (must eat all before I leave Fargo tomorrow :-)

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers tomorrow!

25 comments:

Katherine said...

Mmmm....I like strawberries. Good job on the race. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Stef said...

Fabulous! Congratulations Shirley! Can't wait to read more about your race!

Molly said...

Congratulations on a great marathon!!! I am in awe of your pace!!! Well done - recover easy!

DaveP said...

So, how does the upper Midwest sound vice Kona?

X-Country2 said...

Dang woman! That kind of pace AND pictures? I can't even imagine. :o)

Spokane Al said...

Congratulations Shirley - you rock - especially that last 5k!

MaineSport said...

That's incredible! Amazing splits, time to take a picture, and a 1/2 IM in 3 weeks. Nice job!

Wendy said...

Outstanding Shirley!!! Outstanding.

Shannon said...

You're smokin hot my dear! Those splits are amazing, I'm proud of you.

Happy Mother's Day~those Strawberries would taste great in a smoothie-like with Spinach. (winkwink)

Tammy said...

Wow Incredible... Happy Moms day to you too. Keep up the great work.

Missy said...

That rocks. What great splits! You have to be thrilled with that.

I have to agree with the 20miler theory. Don't know if it's rampant in the 'running community' but in 'triland' there's no sense in hurting yourself in training. With all the other base you have built from swim/bike, 16 mile max run seems right to me.

Oz Runner said...

congrats on a great race and a great time! looks like a very nice consistent pace throughout...way to go!

WADDLER26.2 said...

Woot! Woot! Rocking time! You look great with your medal and what a great post race treat.

Karen said...

WOO HOO! Looks like you had a great race!

Rainmaker said...

Wooohooo those Strawberries look awesome.

Oh, and you had a pretty darn good race result too! ;)

Susan said...

a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!!! Wow, Shirley -- you really showed Fargo what YOU'RE all about! Congrats!

jen said...

DAMN. Amazing time Shirley!!!!

Smithposts said...

Wow, Shirley, congratulations!! What a way to polish off the last 10k of the marathon!

Calyx Meredith said...

Look at you GO!! Congrats on such a great race and hope you had a lovely Mother's Day.

KodaFit said...

Holy Schnaikees!! Nice Time!!

Can't wait to see how you do at the half iron!

aron said...

you are seriously amazing :) CONGRATS!!! can you come pace me to my 3:40 ;-)

Sunshine said...

Hurrah Shirley!!
Happy to see you had fun running another midwest marathon.
You do rock. Congratulations.

Dori said...

Fabulous! Congratulations on making the top 4 in your AG. YOU rock!

Jade Lady said...

way to go! just how big was that bowl of strawberries?

The Alien said...

that's an awesome time!! Congratulations, you rock!!!