Thursday, October 18, 2007

Good Race Omens

So the Lewis & Clark Siouxland Marathon is now only 2 days away. It's been cold and rainy all this week in Omaha but Saturday's race day forecast for Sioux City, Iowa (about 1.5 hrs away) is calling for sunny skies with temps starting out in the mid-40's and getting up low 60's by noon time. Ideal for running a marathon!

This morning Dave and I went out for a bike ride in light rain. After only a few miles out, I got a flat. Then not much further I got another one!! Normally, this would piss me off royally but not today. Now, you know you're not supposed to be doing too much so close to your marathon. So after fixing the second one, I headed back while Dave went on. Thank you, bike.

Then, while relaxing back at the hotel, I did what Petra did with a photo to see which celebrity I could become using the MyHeritage website. Who would have guessed ...



He's like one of my favorite superstuds!!! Besides Dave, that is ;-)

So with good weather and extra rest, does this mean I will Rock the race???

Hopefully, but who knows for sure ... at least I didn't get morphed into Oprah :-P

FWIW, here are my race goals:

1) Run fast enough to finish in around 4 hours
2) Run slow enough to recover in 3 weeks for MiamiMan
3) Enjoy myself enough to want to run 18 more races in my 50 states marathon quest.
4) Take photos for Elijah, a little 6-year-old who's battling cancer for the second time, to let him know that I'm thinking of him.

Best of luck to Maddy, Petra, Irish Blue, Chris, Bigun and everyone else racing this weekend!

4 comments:

Susan said...

The morphing is amazing!

Good luck. I hope you meet each of your goals! I know you will.

MarathonChris said...

Great goals!!! Glad the weather is cooperating - looking forward to seeing you finish yet another marathon on your 50 state quest! Run well and watch out for little rocks!! :-)

Brent Buckner said...

Enjoy the marathon day - and all the best for not compromising MiamiMan!

Wendy said...

Have a great time out there Shirley!!!