OK, so maybe they're really not that dirty, but I have been holding back a few things ...
1. On Monday, I did a second lactate threshold (LT) test on a treadmill to determine my run training zones. This LT test is different from other LT tests I've read about but it's the same one as I did before and the only one my local tri club coach does. It involved warming up for 10 min at 5mph at an incline level of 2.5 and then increasing speed by 0.5 mph every 1.5 minutes until effort was "very hard" (RPE=17), but not all-out (that would be RPE=20). The test confirmed what the first one showed, namely, that I'm a hummingbird, someone who has a high heart rate when working out. The upper limits for my run training zones 1-3 are 145, 168 and 187, 3 beats lower than last time, which is good, but the coach says I still need to be working on my base fitness level :-(
At the end of the test, ~22 minutes of running, the HRM read 194 and the treadmill was at 9mph (6:40 pace). I was one of the last to get off :-)
2. On Tuesday, I did my third 7-mile bike time trial. Winds were ~14mph, mostly crosswinds. I finished in 18:28 (22.695 mph avg), my fastest time to date -- WOOHOO!
But, only 5 women of the 12 women (any age) who were there last time showed up and, of course, most of them were the fast ones. My PR was the second slowest female race time :-(
3. I'm enjoying blogging about others at the Endurance Sports Bar more than blogging about myself here. There are so many interesting people and stories, much more interesting than mine. Stef has kindly offered to help me out with tending the bar. Say bye-bye to free time, Stef!
4. I leave tomorrow to run the Sunburst Marathon in South Bend, Indiana, on Saturday. I wasn't satisfied with how my Gulf Coast Tri went and think that knocking out another state in my 50 states marathon quest might cheer me up. My heel seems healed up enough.
5. I'm also still considering doing Steelhead 70.3 (a half iron tri). I have no races in August and my next tri (another half iron) is not until November, which seems so far off. I need to make a decision this weekend as reg fees go up on June 1st.