Monday, April 14, 2008

Crazy Week Past

Last week ...

Came down with a cold, didn't do as much training as I'd wanted to do, and my step daughter's PhD adviser pulled out on her AFTER agreeing to reduce her workload because she'd been having a really hard time being so overworked, stressed out and sick with strep throat a couple times. WTF?!

On the other hand ...

Got the initial EnduranceSportsBar.com website stood up, got our taxes DONE (woohoo!!), and was feeling much better by the end of the week. Katherine is handling the disappointment remarkably well and looking at other options for her PhD. It may mean I won't become a grandma until later but it's not like I've got nothing else to do in the meantime ;-)

And just when I thought summer was here and it was time to start turning on the A/C, this week we have a cold front with highs only getting up into the low 70s. Perfect for my long run tomorrow in preparation for the Kentucky Derby Marathon on 4/26. For a couple days lifeguards will be bundled up in blankets, cyclists will be wearing tights and jackets, but temps will be back into the mid to high 80's by the weekend and all will be normal soon enough.

Time to catch up on my blog reading and see how everyone who did IMAZ fared this past weekend!

18 comments:

TJ said...

Yep. The weather is crazy. It's supposed to be in the 30s here tomorrow morning and back in the 80s Thursday.

Katie said...

Snow this past Friday, 66 yesterday, a forecast of 76 today, and snow again Wednesday morning. I feel no pity for your 71 degrees.

The website looks great. I'm really excited to see it take off.

Sorry to hear that you are so disappointed about me delaying my family. I still plan to get you a grandbaby before you are fifty. :)

Jim said...

The new website looks very nice. Nice layout, visually pleasing. Glad you are feeling better and ready to head to Louisville in less than 2 weeks. You will enjoy that marathon, nice course. My favorite part was running into and around the infield at Churchill Downs. The horses were working out on the track. Good thing no one bet $2 on me :-)

Cliff said...

Shirley,

I hope you get better soon. I just check the sports bar you are promoting. Very cool stuff.

Here, we are having some chilly weather too. I was wearing my winter training gears to go on my ride. I see kids riding outside in their shorts. Here I am dressing up like I am going to an Arctic expedition :).

Petraruns said...

Hey - we don't even have the prospect of warm weather here yet!

The website looks fantastic and I'll add a link this week. And good luck with your upcoming race, you're so relaxed about this!

akshaye said...

The site looks great - I cant wait for the bar to open.

Thats tough news on Katherine's advisor. I hope things get sorted out and I am glad she's handling it well.

Good luck with Kentucky.. although I am sure you will post again before that.

Wendy said...

Feel better Shirley!

(Glad to hear your taxes are done! I got my $6.83 back already.)

Smithposts said...

Hope your cold is getting better! After 81 this weekend, Knoxville is going down to 40 tonight, Dogwood Winter it is called around here. At least snow is out of the forecast.

Good luck on the Ky Derby Marathon! Will look forward to your post race recap.

Steve Stenzel said...

Great running weather!!!

Susan said...

Good luck in Louisville! That is yet another marathon I had considered at one point...

Calyx Meredith said...

Hope you feel better! The endurance sports bar looks fabulous. I added the link to my sidebar. And enjoy the Derby marathon! (Mint juleps=yummy. I know what my post race snack would be. :D)

peter said...

That's too bad about Katherine's advisor pulling out on her. With folks like Dave and you around for support, she'll undoubtedly do fine. Good luck in Lousiville.

CewTwo said...

71? It snowed here last night.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's troubles!

I know that I've said it before but here in Colorado we know its Spring when the grass gets greener between snow storms.

Charlie

lizzie lee said...

yes, weather is nuts. I got 6 inches of snow last night in an area were rarely snows.

take care
lizzie

Tri to Be Funny said...

Thanks for the posts after IMAZ! Sounds like you've had a crazy week indeed!!!

Rural Girl said...

Good luck at your Marathon this weekend. I'll be thinking about you! BTW, I would do cart-wheels for a low 70 degree day. We're practically running around in bikinis up here when it gets that warm!

IrishBlue said...

Shirley,
Sounds like you've been busy as usual. Good luck at the derby. I've been a few times just for fun and the mint juleps are terrible...lol. (Had to try one though.)

Jade Lady said...

Hey there - glad to hear you're feeling better and ready for the race this weekend!

It's like summer here in Central Texas - one week after you're writing this. I can't believe it! I'm sure it's like that now for u in Orlando right now.