Thursday, February 04, 2010

Tag, Tag, Tag!

OK, I was tagged awhile back by folks and need to come clean. The first one was from Leana. Answer the following questions with one word answers:

1. Where is your cell phone? Bookshelf.
2. Your hair? Thick.
3. Your mother? Japanese.
4. Your father? Hardworking.
5. Your favourite food? Salmon.
6. Your dream last night? Weird.
7. Your favourite drink? Coffee
8. Your dream/goal? Kona.
9. What room are you in? Breakfast.
10. Your hobby? Blogging.
11. Your fear? Injury.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Hawaii.
13. Where were you last night? Home.
14. Something you aren't? Tall.
15. Muffins? OK.
16. Wish list item? Empty!
17. Where did you grow up? California.
18. Last thing you did? Emailed.
19. What are you wearing? Ponytail.
20. Your TV? Off.
21. Your pets? Fish.
22. Your friends? Few.
23. Your life? Good.
24. Your mood? Even.
25. Missing someone? No.
26. Vehicle? Mazda.
27. Something you're not wearing? Shoes.
28. Your favourite store? TrackShack*
29. Your favourite color? Teal.
30. When was the last time you laughed? Morning.
31. Last time you cried? October?
32. Your best friend? Hubby.
33. One place that I go over and over? Y.
34. One person who emails me regularly? Dave.
35. Favourite place to eat? Home.
*Not really much of a shopper but I love working there!

The second one was from Maria. Name 10 Things That Make You Happy (I'm choosing to list things that don't happen everyday):

1. New running shoes.
2. Getting back to the pool after a hiatus. But NOT seeing how slow I've become!
3. A firm bike tire before heading out on a bike ride.
4. Having Dave home during the week. He usually travels a lot for work but is actually home this week - YAY!
5. Sleeping in on weekends.
6. Helping/supporting friends and fellow athletes.
7. Seeing "0 new items" in my Google Reader.
8. Coloring in a state on my 50 states marathon map.
9. Hearing the flight attendant say "Welcome to Kona."
10. Getting a $300 airline voucher to be voluntarily bumped from a $10 award flight. This happened last trip!

The third one I tagged myself to Name 10 Specific Goals for 2010:

1. Finish my 50 states marathon quest. (8 7 more marathons to run)
2. Run my first-ever 10K, ideally 46:00 (7:24 pace) or better.
3. PR in a half iron tri, ideally 5:40 or better.
4. Swim 100 yds in a pool in less than 1:40. Fastest to date: 1:43.
5. Work out with more people. (Except cycling with Dave on weekends, I trained alone for the most part last year. This year I want to do things differently.)
6. Help out at a minimum of 10 local races. (Should be easier since I'm not training for an iron tri and having to go so long on weekends; 2 so far)
7. Stretching and/or foam rolling at least 2x a week.
8. Help Dave get down to 200#.
9. Read one book. Eek, NONE last year!!! **
10. Play 2 piano pieces I used to be able to play well. Can I even still read music?!?
**Parts of Trizophrenia or other books I read don't count. Must be a whole book.

Not sure who has done these tags already or not but if you haven't and want to play, consider yourself tagged. I think the second and third ones, in particular, are a great way to kick off 2010, even in February ;-)

13 comments:

Marlene said...

Fun lists.

I hear you on "0 in Google Reader" - that rarely happens!

Katherine said...

I love having things to read in Google Reader, like just now when your post showed up! When it's empty I'm sad and lonely.

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Interesting, only that you should have written "Lots" in response to question 22.

Petraruns said...

I like it. Love it! Every time you do this I feel I get to know you better. I think you have more friends than you think though my sweetheart! I feel you are enough of a friend for me to talk to other people about you and show off about your accomplishments.. I'm proud of you!

Sara Cox Landolt said...

I'm wearing a ponytail too. Cute!
I'd love to do more "sleeping in on weekends." My body is getting used to early a.m. hours and now gets up, even if no one else is!! What happened to the college days of sleeping in.

Regina said...

good stuff in there. I want to be you want to be in 6 years!

Those lists can be pretty fun sometimes.

Meg said...

That was fun reading!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Lists can be fun... once in a while.... but three? Whoa! Good work sitting down to actually give it some thought.

lindsay said...

my google reader has said 0 like once in my life. argh! but, i do like reading everyone's training and all so it's not that bad i guess. :)

a $10 flight in the first place is amazing, and top it off with a $300 voucher! sign me up.

i might copy your hawaii lifetime-goal... that would be awesome. then i'd "have" to come visit to scope it out you know ;)

Maria said...

Love the lists, I really like the last one, those are some really solid goals for the year! Good luck with reaching them, I really like the volunteering at races, what a great way to give back!

Rainmaker said...

Just one fish, or two fish?

Rural Girl said...

That is amazing how many marathons you can and will do!!

lizzie lee said...

I like the piano thing... It is like.. what?

Love your first goal... What an achievement... goosebumps!