Monday, January 12, 2009

Zoom Yah Yah Quickie Update

(Somehow this post got deleted along with all previous comments that had been posted by others. ARGH!)

So did I run a marathon or attend a long pep rally?

Because when I finished this race (4:18:49) my legs/feet felt fine but my voice was strained and my shoulders were a little sore.

Voice and shoulders? Well, that's no doubt from the countless times I yelled and lifted my arms to cheer with people who were cheering for me each lap (all 150 of them!), cheered for other runners who were passing me and who I was passing, and shouted and waved to friends who were on the track below. That is something I did NOT train for!

The lack of post-marathon soreness is probably because the indoor track surface was very forgiving on the joints and because I ran a very conservative time. The faster you went, the harder the turns, four each lap, were on your feet, knees and hips so I choose to go slow!

Did I get dizzy? Well, if you thought I looked like I was having too much fun before in my races, don't read my race report because it just might make you sick ;-)

I'll post the report in a couple days when I return home and get my estimated taxes done (bleah!). Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

11 comments:

RBR said...

Congratulations yet again! I don't know if I could handle 150 laps, but I sure could handle running a race with you because it sounds like you had a great time! Of course your "slow" pace would have come down a notch (or 12) for me to be able to run with you!

Welcome back you were missed!

Julianne said...

Welcome back and happy new year!! I'm looking forward to your race report. I can't imagine running a marathon indoors and in a loop!!!

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

Shirley, you probably have not lost your previous post. Go to the "Edit Posts" section on your Blog layout page.
Anyway, I am not sure I could run in a circle so many times. At least I can manage laps in a pool, so I am grateful for that.

Shannon said...

Yahooooooo, it sounds like you had fun!

Jade Lady said...

Already one down for the new year! Congrats

Susan said...

This is such a unique experience! Way to go. Looking forward to hearing more!

Formulaic said...

Congrats! Way to go!

I agree with RBR. There is no way I could run 150 laps!

I love that your conservative pace kicks the crap out of my time!!

Looking forward to the RR

MarathonChris said...

Congrats on number 41! Glad you had a good time and something unique to report on.

Welcome back east!

Cory said...

Congrats on your marathon. I am sure I could not have done 150 laps. Good work!

Tammy said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures, I can't imagine running around a track that many times, I have to give you a ton of credit for finishing way to go!!!

PLANET3RRY said...

Oh, my comment was something about NASCAR of marathons...