Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Special Sponsor

Day before yesterday I submitted my Team raceAthlete sponsorship application. My husband, who was across the country on a business trip, asked me to email him a copy of the essay. Huh? That's odd, I thought. I talk about my training and racing WAY too much already. I know he has many more important things to do than read 1000 words he's heard a 100 times before.

He also asked if there was a way he could get automatically notified of updates to this new blog of mine. I told him I think it’s possible but I’ll have to figure it out. Wait a minute … is he wanting to make sure I’m not blogging about some hot guy I met while he’s been gone ???

Well, he has been traveling a lot, gone nearly every week recently. Many of the simple things we used to do often – go to the grocery store, eat dinner together, stay home and watch a video – are now just occasional treats. He does usually come home on the weekends though so we can go for a bike ride together, which is nice.

Though he has not been around much, my husband’s email reply made me realize how very lucky I am right now, at home, by myself, whether or not I get any company sponsorships.


He wrote, “Congratulations! You are the winner of the 'Hunny Endurance' sponsorship. The sponsorship is good for whatever you want.”

I replied back, “Oh Yipee! Hmm, but don’t I nearly always get whatever I want already?” Which is sort of true, because I think he tries to make up for being away so much, but I try, really try, not to take advantage of it.

Then he wrote back, “It’s the annual renewal.”

Thank you, Dave. Your support really means more to me than anything else. I love you. See you soon.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I know this post is like 3 years old, but it was such a cute post. What a great sponsor to have!