My winter maintenance training has been a mish-mash. Some 30-45 minute swims here, some 1-4 hour rides there and some 1-4 hour runs sprinkled in as well. I started out following the D3 MultiSport 12 week Winter Maintenance Training Program and ended up doing mostly just the long workouts.
So, my plan is to do a self-administered Olympic distance tri (1.5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run). Since I'm running the Olathe Marathon next Saturday, I will go easy to make sure I don't reinjure my ankle, which is nearly fully recovered but still a little weak. My measure of completion will only be time-based, not distance-based though, namely, swim 45 minutes, bike 1.5 hrs and run 1 hr. This way I won't be as tempted to push the pace. To further discourage myself from going too hard, I'll leave all pace-tracking devices at home and bring only my watch and swim/bike/run by feel, an easy feel.
If YOU have nothing else going on already this weekend, why not consider doing a Simply Stu triathlon as well? You don't have to register for any official event; you can do one on your own like I and many others are doing. There's no cost, no set distance requirements, no time limit. You can even spread out the events over the course of 3 days, 3/23-25.
If you're interested, just email Simply Stu to let him know you're participating. And tell a friend. Good deals like this should not be kept a secret!

2 comments:
Gee, and all of this AFTER working the Winter Park Road Race tomorrow? Sounds like you have a good plan for taking it easy!
See you in the am!
You have been a busy triathlete! I know that you will do a great job with it ALL. So when is the luau? Ha!
I hope you enjoy meeting up with Chris and Maddy today!
Post a Comment