Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day before Florida 70.3


Dave and I headed down to Disney to check my bike into the transition area. Boy, were there some REALLY NICE bikes, many in the 5 grand range, easily. It's amazing how much people spend on this sport! Now I don't feel so bad ;-)

We met up with blogger friends Brent (seated next to me), Eric (seated across) and his wife Nicole (who escaped the picture) at the Florida 70.3 expo. Chatted for about an hour and had a fun time sharing stories in person.

Tomorrow looks to be an unusually cool, breezy race day with temps only in the high 70's to low 80's by noon. Great for running, which is last, but the wind will make the bike segment tougher. For some reason, I have some noticeable soreness in both calfs (did I overstretch after my short jog on Thursday?). Hopefully they won't bother me much tomorrow. Otherwise, I feel great.

If anyone is interested in tracking me on race day, my bib number is 240.

13 comments:

Susan said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Cliff Tam said...

have a great race :)

petra duguid said...

Good luck Shirley - it sounds like you're ready for the race so go out there and enjoy yourself! Will be trying to follow you!

Wendy said...

What a great picture -- I'm so glad to see that you folks got together!

You're all out of the water, through transition and on the bike course now. I hope you're having a blast!

MarathonChris said...

Go Shirley, go!!! I see that at this point (11:14 am) you are running that half marathon. Fantastic race so far!! Run Strong.

Wendy said...

Brilliant race Shirley!!!

Cliff Tam said...

Just tracked you down on ironman.com

Good stuff....u did it :)

Duane said...

Congratulations!!!

Brent Buckner said...

It was great to meet you, and congratulations on your race!

'C' race, huh? :-)

Nancy Toby said...

Congratulations on a great race! You cleaned up on that bike and run - WELL DONE!

ShirleyPerly said...

Thank you all for comments. I'm very pleased with how things turned out except for my swim (how it could be even slower than last year I'm still trying to figure out!).

I hope to get my race report & some photos up by tomorrow.

Maddy said...

WOW! Congratulations on a great race!


I'm bummed I missed the opportunity to track you. :-(

petra duguid said...

Shirley! You're amazing! What a time! You did incredibly well! I don't know how you can run that fast after swimming and biking - you're truly an incredible woman. What an achievement! I'm proud to virtually know someone who can do this, and do it so well. Sit back and give yourself an enormous hug for doing so well.